Obtaining a California Teaching Credential
1) Visit the State of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing website at: www.ctc.ca.gov for more information.
2) Must obtain a California Teaching Credential – Multiple Subject or Single Subject requirements for individuals prepared out-of-state:
Multiple Subject – CTC Leaflet CL 561:
Single Subject – CTC Leaflet CL 560:
3) Must satisfy the Basic Skills Requirement – CTC Leaflet CL-667 – within one year from your California Credential Issue Date.
4) Must obtain an English Language Learner Authorization to service ELL students.
*CTC Leaflet CL-5330 CLBAD-BL-Emergency CLAD Permit. This permit is good for only one year and you must complete the requirements before the expiration date of the permit.
5) Must satisfy Live Scan Fingerprint Requirements – CTC Leaflet 41-LS
*We recommend out-of-state candidates get fingerprinted in California.
6) Commission Fee Schedule – CTC Leaflet CL-659: